The PowerFilterChain is going to be updated to stop splitting request headers by default, so we need to write a new filter that will let users split a configured list of request headers.
- What are the defaults?
- Should we default to splitting the current set of headers that are being split in Repose 8?
- Default will be to split nothing.
- Should we plan for future support for splitting response headers?
- We need to include support for it now.
- No. Difficult to do with case-insensitivity.
- Not all headers can be split.
Config should look something like:
- We create a new filter that can split a configured list of request and response headers.
- Users are allowed to split just request headers and/or just response headers.
- The header check is not case-sensitive and properly considers header attributes.
- The example config (i.e. the config file installed to the examples directory) includes the configuration that would match exactly what Repose 8 currently does.