This is the culmination of a Spike that was to investigate what was required to complete this. The end result was two open questions and a couple of broken tests.
The remainder of this work should be fairly easy to complete, but time to complete was outside the time available for the Spike.
- Repose is upgraded to Dropwizard v3.2.0.
- The metrics service should return the registry instead of wrapping all the things.
- A prefix should be added to the Repose metrics (e.g. metrics from our classes, not JVM gc, custom filters).
- The metric names should be divided up by the first token, middle part, and last token for Repose metrics.
- For non-Repose metrics, they should be divided up the way API Checker does it.