The version of Gradle that we're using is a bit old. We're already seeing a few warnings about compatibility issues with future Gradle versions, and we know that the version we're using doesn't support building with Java 9.
We should clean up the Gradle warnings and upgrade to using Gradle 4.5 (released 2018-01-24).
Note: If we find that we can upgrade to a slightly earlier version of Gradle far easier than going straight to 4.5, then we can pivot and try for 4.5 in another story.
Note 2: Mario suspects we may need to update the JAXB plugin due to caching issues.
- We don't see any Gradle warnings related to issues that will come in future versions of Gradle.
- We successfully build (multiple times consistently) using Gradle 4.5.
- The Gradle wrapper is updated to target Gradle 4.5.
- Update the Puppet manifests for the Jenkins boxes to install Gradle 4.5...
- OR we update the Jenkins jobs to use the Gradle wrapper instead.